Cambridge Zero is offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated postdoc to join our team as part of a 3 month mini-fellowship programme.
Cambridge Zero is the University's major new climate initiative. It exists to maximise the University of Cambridge's contribution towards achieving a zero-carbon future by harnessing the full breadth of the Collegiate University's capabilities, developing solutions that work for our lives, our society and our economy.
This exciting role will work closely with the Engagement Manager (Research) to deliver a series of interdisciplinary research workshops covering climate & health, food & land use transition, and sustainable cities. The role will be responsible for organising and facilitating the workshops, writing up the findings and developing a series of proposals for how to take forward these agendas.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Postdoc or recent PhD student looking to gain experience of climate research engagement in an interdisciplinary environment.
- This position is not discipline-specific, but applicants must have a knowledge of climate and environmental issues as well as a passion for the subject.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience of meeting and working with people from a range of backgrounds and disciplines.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a way that is appropriate to the target audience.
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to establish and manage simultaneous projects.
- Ability to prioritise own workload as not continuously supervised.
- Able to use standard software packages (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Applicants should have completed their PhD or be close to completion.
- Knowledge of the University of Cambridge would be an advantage.
- All applicants are legally required to demonstrate the right to work/permission to work in the UK.
Salary: £15.53 per hour (Grade 6)
Start date: February 2022 or as soon as possible
Duration: 3 months, preferably full-time, but part-time will be considered.
Further details: For any queries about this position, please email Erik.Mackie@admin.cam.ac.uk
Please fill out the online application form and submit. There is no way to save the form and come back to it so please be ready to complete your application when you start it.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 20th January 2022, 5pm.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview. Interviews will be held during the week commencing 24th January 2022.